We value and respect everyone who connects with us. Our aim is to be as clear as possible about how and why we use information you give us. We’re committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website users and the confidentiality of the information that we collect about you,
We want to make sure we’re transparent about the data we store. This policy explains when and how we collect personal information about visitors to our Pikt website, how we use that data and keep it secure, and when it may be shared with third parties.
What’s in this policy?
- Who we are
- When we collect information about you
- What information we collect about you
- How and why we collect information about you
- Third parties
- How to stop marketing information being sent to you
- Security and International Transfers
- Your rights
- How long we retain your personal data
- 16 or under
- Third party websites that you can access via our website
Pikt is owned by SunFresh Produce Limited, a company incorporated in England, whose registered office is at Bicker Bar, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE20 3AN, United Kingdom (registered with company number 7519421) and registered for VAT purposes with number GB608817915 (‘we’ or ‘us’).
We’re the data controller in respect of all personal data collected via our Pikt website, email, telephone, or in person. Whenever you submit your information to us, by these or any other means, we’ll only collect and use this information in accordance with the terms of this policy and ensure that all personal data we hold is treated properly and in accordance with GDPR and all other applicable data protection legislation.
We’re registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (‘ICO’) and our registration number is ZA513447. In accordance with data protection legislation, we’re required to explain to you how we treat any personal data we collect from or about you. If you have any concerns about the way we’ve used, shared or processed your data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. However, we’d really appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Data Protection Officer, Pikt, SunFresh Produce Ltd, Bicker Bar, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE20 3AN.2. When we collect information about you
We collect information about you when:
- You contact us by any means (including via the website, over the phone, by email or by post) with queries, complaints etc
- You create an account with us
- You use your account to buy products from us
- You engage with us on social media
- You choose to complete any surveys we send you
- You comment on or review any of our products or our services
- You opt in to receive alerts or newsletters from us
- You take part in a prize draw, competition or promotion
- You’ve given a third party permission to share information they hold about you with us (a third party’s competition to win a Pikt box, for example)
The information we may collect, use, store and transfer about you might include the following:
- ‘Identity Data’ such as name, username or other ‘identifiers’ such as social media usernames, title, date of birth and gender
- ‘Contact data’ such as delivery address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers
- ‘Financial data’ including bank account and credit/debit card information
- ‘Transaction data’ such as details of your interactions with us, including interactions through our website, by telephone, email, in person and through social media. For example, we may take notes of a conversation with you, log details of a complaint or feedback you make and record where a delivery has been left for you.
- ‘Profile data’ which includes details of your shopping preferences and personal details such as purchase history and choices which will help us recommend items of interest to you or to send you
- ‘Marketing data’ such as your communications preferences for how you receive marketing information from us
- Your comments and product reviews
- ‘Technical data’ as you interact with our website such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. We collect technical data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please refer to section 8 for further information regarding the cookies used on our website.
We have set out below a description of how and why we may use personal data you give us and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to Data Protection Officer, Pikt, SunFresh Produce Ltd, Bicker Bar, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE20 3AN if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Purpose / activity: To set up an account for you so that you can order products from us.
Type of data: Identity data, contact data, financial data, profile data, marketing data.
Lawful basis for processing: Performance of a contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests (in order that we can provide you with the best customer experience and improve the services we are able to offer). Consent (in respect of your marketing preferences).
Purpose / activity: To process and deliver your order including: managing payments, fees and charges, collect and recover money owed to us.
Type of data: Identity data, contact data, financial data, transaction data.
Lawful basis for processing: Performance of a contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us).
Purpose / activity: To respond to an enquiry made by you (whether via the website, over the phone, by email or by post). We may also keep a record of our communications with you to inform any future communication we have with you and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
Type of data: Identity data, contact data, transaction data.
Lawful basis for processing: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to respond to your enquiry and provide you with the information requested regarding our business and our products and services).
Purpose / activity: To provide you with marketing information regarding our business.
Type of data: Identity data, contact data, profile data, marketing data.
Lawful basis for processing: Consent. Legitimate interests (where legally permitted to do so in order to promote our business and our products – for example, we may use your address details to send you direct personalised marketing information by post telling you about products and services we think may interest you).
If you decide that you do not wish to receive such mailings, please see section 6 below.
Purpose / activity: To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey (survey messages will not contain any promotional content and do not require prior consent).
Type of data: Identity data, contact data, profile data, marketing data.
Lawful basis for processing: Performance of a contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products, to develop them and grow our business).
Type of data: Identity data, contact data.
Lawful basis for processing: Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Purpose / activity: To administer and protect our business and our website from fraud and other illegal activities (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
Type of data: Identity data, contact data, financial data, technical data.
Lawful basis for processing: Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise). Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Purpose/activity: To use data analytics to improve our website, customer relationships and experiences.
Type of data: Technical data.
Lawful basis for processing: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
Purpose / activity: To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products that may be of interest to you.
Type of data: Identity data, contact data, technical data, profile data.
Lawful basis for processing: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business).
If we require your information for the purposes of performing a contract with you and you fail to provide this information, or if the information you provide is not accurate, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with
You warrant that any information you supply to us is accurate and up to date, that you will inform us if any such information requires updating, and that if you submit a third party’s details to us you have that third party’s permission to do so.
We will not sell any of your personal data to any third party.
5. Third parties
We may share personal data about you:
- With third parties who are directly involved in dealing with any request or enquiry made by you
- Where such disclosure is required by law
- With third parties who are providing us with professional advice
- Where the disclosure is in connection with any criminal investigation, legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings where permitted by law
- Where the disclosure is in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
We will not pass on your information to any third party for the purpose of marketing.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets) or if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and subscribers will be one of the transferred assets.
6. How you stop marketing information being sent to you
You can ask that marketing information is no longer sent to you by logging in and withdrawing your consent by opting out in the contact preferences of your account on our website, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Data Protection Officer, Pikt, SunFresh Produce Ltd, Bicker Bar, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE20 3AN, or by clicking on the appropriate link in the footer of any of our marketing emails. Please note that it may take up to 15 working days to remove you from our marketing lists.
7. Security and international transfers
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. However, the Internet is global and no data transmitted via the Internet can be guaranteed by us to be completely secure during transmission. We cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online, and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Our website is hosted in the UK and all data provided to us is stored within our servers located in the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA). Sometimes we may need to transfer personal data we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the EEA – for example, this might be required in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services. If we do this, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- The transfer is to a third party located in a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- The transfer is subject to use of a contract approved by the European Commission which gives personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- The transfer is to a third party based in the US which is part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
In the absence of an adequacy decision in respect of the relevant country, or appropriate safeguards as detailed above, we will not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA unless we have a lawful basis for doing so (for example, because you have explicitly consented to the proposed transfer).
8. Your rights
If we are sending marketing materials to you by any means, you may ask us to stop sending such marketing materials at any time. Please see section 6 above for further information on how to do this.
You have a legal right to see a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, subject to certain exemptions. Requests for such information should be made by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to Data Protection Officer, Pikt, SunFresh Produce Ltd, Bicker Bar, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE20 3AN.
In some circumstances you may also have a right to:
- Rectify or erase any personal data we hold about you
- Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Object to us processing your personal data (for example, where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop processing your personal data. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data)
- Data portability in respect of your personal data
In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, we follow security procedures when we process your personal data. We may therefore request proof of your identity before disclosing certain information to you or acting on any requests pursuant to this section 8.
Please contact us at the above address if you have any reason to believe that information, we hold about you is inaccurate.
9. How long we retain your personal data
We only retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose for which is was collected. Whilst taking in to consideration our legal obligations, we will on an ongoing basis: review the length of time we retain your personal data; consider the purpose or purposes for which we hold your personal data for in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it; securely delete your personal data if it is no longer needed for such purpose or purposes; and update, archive or securely delete your personal data if it goes out of date. For further information on how long we retain your personal data please contact our Privacy team using the contact details set out in section 8 above.
Our website uses “cookies” to ensure you receive the best possible visitor experience. A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user’s hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a website. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identification card, which tells a website when the user has returned.
Cookies cannot tell us information such as your email address, which we can only collect when you tell us, for example if you send us an inquiry.
Our website uses the following cookies for the following purposes:
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
AdWords remarketing is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Google that connects a user’s activity with the AdWords advertising network and the DoubleClick cookie. AdSense cookies are used by Google to check advertising efficiency across their services.
Google tracking cookies enable us to understand if you complete certain actions on our website(s) after you have seen or clicked through one of our adverts served via Google. Based on the content you have engaged with on our websites Google are able to deliver some targeted adverts across other Google partner websites.
Twitter Remarketing is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Twitter, Inc. that connects the user’s activity with the Twitter advertising network Twitter Tailored Audiences is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Twitter, Inc. that connects the user’s activity with the Twitter advertising network.
Facebook Ads conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Facebook that connects data from the Facebook advertising network with actions performed on this application. Facebook remarketing is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects the user’s activity with the Facebook advertising network. The Facebook Like button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Facebook social network provided by Facebook, Inc.
Trustpilot is a reviews platform used by online businesses. When you order from Pikt we may pass your details to Trustpilot so you are able to write an impartial review of our company.
This contains the shopping cart information, important shopping cart information, and contains the unique shopper information so the shopping cart can be looked up for returning customers.
The LinkedIn insight tag allows us to perform campaign reporting and unlock valuable insights about website visitors that may come via the campaigns we run on LinkedIn.
We use HubSpot for marketing automation and analytics. See HubSpot’s website for more information about their cookies.
Lucky Orange analytics system is to help improve usability and the customer experience. Lucky Orange may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and the scrolling activity. Lucky Orange may record the keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on this website.
Most internet browsers allow you to prevent cookies being stored on your computer. Alternatively, you may be able to configure your browser to accept all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is offered by our server. You may also be able to delete all cookies currently stored on your web browser. Therefore, unless you change your browser settings you will automatically accept cookies from our website. We may also collect information about where you are on the Internet (eg. the URL you came from, IP address, and domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit and any search terms that you entered on our website. We will use this information to administer our website, for internal operations (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes) and as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure. For further information about cookies and how they are used, visit www.aboutcookies.org.11. 16 or under
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.12. Third party websites that you can access via our website